The MTRPA 2020 Conference committee is still taking submissions for presentations, sessions, & workshops. Deadline March 1st.
The Montana Trails Recreation & Park Association Annual Conference will be held April 19 – 22, 2020, at the Copper King Hotel Butte, MT. The conference theme is “Roaring 2020s: Planting our Planet with Inclusive Communities through Parks and Recreation”. We plan to highlight Earth Day and Arbor Day at the conference.
The conference committee is working hard on session framework to address current topics and opportunities. We are seeking thought provoking speakers with professional, cutting edge interactive education sessions, and presentations that can provide information and proven methods to successfully manage and maintain parks, trails, recreation programs, and any insight on the tracks listed below.
Program tracks include:
1. Trails Maintenance/Management/SCORP
2. Recreation Programming/Facilities/Management/Special Events
3. Park/Resource Maintenance & Management/Urban Forestry
Topic ideas may include but not limited to: Greenway, Urban Forestry, Aquatics, Special Event planning & programming, Leave No Trace/Tread Lightly, SCORP, federal funding authorizations, Children in Nature, Superfund & Environmental education, building active communities, reliable source of funding, trail planning , design, and maintenance, park & golf course maintenance and vegetation, irrigation: uses and design, heritage tourism – recreation, public lands – urban trail connections, finance sustainability , volunteer training, liability & risk assessment.
1. Sessions will be 1 hour & 15 minutes in length – there is a possibility for part I & part II back-to-back sessions if your topic warrants 2+ hours.
2. If you have specific questions about program concepts/formats feel free to contact the Program Chairs:
JP Gallagher – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jocelyn Dodge email@example.com
Mark Fisher – firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Please submit proposals in electronic format via email to: email@example.com by March 1, 2020